Graham Roach offers a New Breed of Police and Crime Commissioner for Lancashire
Graham Roach is the Liberal Democrat candidate for the Lancashire Police Commissioner in the election on Thursday 5th May. He is a leading member of Pendle Borough Council, former Mayor of Pendle and served as a Special in Salford.
“I will be a very different kind of Police Commissioner. I will be a spokesperson for the people of Lancashire rather than a top-down representative of the police. I will spend at least half of my time out and about in all the different parts of Lancashire. I will not disappear into an office at police HQ in Hutton,” said Graham Roach.
“I will visit each part of Lancashire to talk with local Councillors, MPs and community groups at least once a month. I will hold surgeries and public meetings in each area, phone-ins on local radio, and answer questions on social media. I will work closely with Lancashire’s all party Police and Crime Panel to scrutinise and get the best value from our policing. The role of the Police Commissioner must be fully open and accountable.”
Graham Roach’s six-point plan for better policing in Lancashire:
- Local neighbourhood policing. It’s about local knowledge and an intelligence based approach to beating crime, not just walking the streets.
- Keeping a separate police force for Lancashire. We’d be sidelined if we joined up with a larger less efficient force in Manchester or Merseyside would.
- Information to the public. Graham will work with the Chief Constable to issue a weekly Bulletin via social media, the local press and a range of local channels.
- The Police Commissioner should be a watchdog checking the police are working efficiently and appropriately, helping people to keep an eye on police performance and raise concerns. Members of the public should be involved in this work.
- Sufficient resources for the public to easily access the police when they are needed, including a much better and efficient non emergency (101) phone service.
- Fighting for resources. Lancashire is being starved of what it needs to police the County properly. “As Commissioner I will lead the campaign via all parties and none for more resources from Government.”
Graham Roach is an engineer, lives in Colne and was last year’s Mayor of Pendle and stood for the Liberal Democrats in Pendle at the General Election.
Get in touch
If you have any questions for Graham Roach then please contact him at: email@example.com or phone 01282 860128 or 07803 617831. You can also write to him at Wayside Cottage, Greenfield Road, Colne BB8 9PE.